Union Church has been around since before there were cars!
Nearly 150 years ago Mexico City had a mere 200,000 people, Ulysses S. Grant occupied the White House and Sebastián Lerdo de Tejada ruled Mexico—and Union Evangelical Church (or the “Anglo-Saxon Congregation,” as it was called back then) was born.
Our exact beginning is a bit unclear, but we know that on January 11th, 1873, there was a meeting and they decided to form a church.
So much has changed since those days:
- Mexico City has grown to a mega city of more than 20 million.
- In the early 1950s property was purchased in our current location and construction began on what is now Union Evangelical Church.
- Numerous Pastors and their families have led the ministries at Union.
- These past several years have seen an increased focus – some may say a returned focus – on ministries to Families and their children.
- Several partnerships have emerged to help facilitate Church Planting in CDMX – particularly within the Spanish Language community.
At this point it’s fair to say that Union has lived a legacy. We look to the past for inspiration and towards tomorrow and the expansion of the Kingdom as motivation.